Photo by Dan Crawford Photography
Dance is for Every Body!
Ninth Street Dance opened its doors in 1993 with the belief that people of all ages, shapes, and sizes can enjoy and benefit from learning to dance.
Not a studio for professional dancers, we invite anyone who would like to explore new ways of moving and inhabiting their bodies to join us. We strive to provide a nurturing, non-threatening environment in which beginners, as well as experienced dancers/movers, can enjoy their favorite movement styles or try out a wide variety of new ones.
Why dance? Here are some of the reasons:
- It’s a fun way to get some exercise and maybe keep away unwanted pounds
- Moving in different ways helps you stay flexible
- It’s great for relieving stress
- It strengthens the mind/body connection and feeds your soul
- It’s universal and primal; human beings are meant to dance!
- Oh, and did we mention? It’s fun!!
Ninth Street Dance offers you these advantages:
- We recognize that being a professional dancer is not the goal of many students.
- Our objective is to be inclusive of anyone who wants to dance and offer a broad variety of dance and movement forms.
- We choose highly skilled and caring instructors.
- Our location is easily accessible and in an appealing shopping area.
- We offer day, evening, and weekend classes geared to beginning, returning, and experienced students.